We know that so many of you are praying because things continue to go so well here in Costa Rica. Even the challenges we face every day are not overwhelming because of people praying for us. You are so important...just as important as we are...so that the people of Latin America will be able to hear and respond to THE GOSPEL. We would love to pray for you also. Email your prayer requests to email@example.com.
This is a photo of Liesa's language class (we practice speaking in language class.). Angela (sitting next to Liesa) and her family left last week for their field of service. Their blog is listed to the right.
Our second semester is winding down...We finish on August 13. We'll have a couple of weeks off and then we begin our final semester here in Language School. Some important dates are coming up...
- Aug. 6 (Oral Proficiency Interviews)
- Sept. 11 (Haylee's Birthday!)
- Sept. 17 (Jeff's Birthday!)
Prayer Requests this week...
- Pray for Haylee and Jackson as they continue to work hard learning Spanish. We are impressed with their progress.
- Pray for Liesa's Dad. He has to have a skin cancer removed from his ear. Pray all will go well with the surgery and healing.
- Pray for Liesa and Jeff...good attitudes, motivation, mental sharpness!
- Pray for the ReapNorth crew led by Boots and Katie Holder in Peru.
- Pray for our regional leaders, Dickie and Dee Nelson, who will be meeting with us this week. Liesa and I have the privilege of meeting with them Friday morning.
- Liesa has a BIG test this week...Friday at 11:15 am Costa Rica time...that's 12:15 pm in Mississippi. Pray for her preparation.
- Haylee's Dance Recital is coming up in September...Three nights of dancing in a big theater in downtown San Jose. Her classes are all in Spanish! Pray for her as she prepares for the BIG EVENT.
- FOUR WEEKS until REBEL FOOTBALL! Hotty Toddy! We praise the Lord for OleMiss.TV. Jeff was babysitting for another family the other night and watched a few of the past Egg Bowls. Ole Miss won every one of them!
- Pray for the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering. It is so important that giving to the LMCO keep increasing so that more missionaries can serve around the world. Begin now to pray about how you can increase your giving this Christmas.
- As your churches begin their budget processes be sure to ask how much is going to the Cooperative Program. The CP is the primary channel through which Southern Baptists fund missions in the US and around the world. My home church, FBC Oxford, is a leader in CP giving with over 12% of the annual budget given to the CP. Be sure to find out what your church gives to the Cooperative Program.
Thank you all for praying and giving and going!