This photo pretty much sums up our weekend...FOOTBALL AMERICANO AMIGO! The Rebels won BIG over Memphis State and we were able to enjoy about 10 hours of college football on Saturday thanks to cable TV and the internet. This semester will certainly be a lot more bearable with some football to enjoy.
Thank you to all who are praying. We have enjoyed our vacation break and we head back to class Tuesday morning, Sept 2. We are excited to be entering our final trimester of formal langauge training. This time last year we were finishing up our careers in Mississippi and beginning this new journey. Your prayers have been used mightily over these past 12 months.
Prayer Requests for this week...
- Pray for the people affected by Hurricane Gustav. Jeff's mom has evacuated to the Jackson area.
- Please continue to pray for Haylee and Jackson. They love their new teachers this year! Haylee has started middle school and has a tough schedule and Jackson is enjoying P.E. class...that's about the best we can hope for I suppose.
- The daily grind of language school returns for Liesa and Jeff. Again, pray for good attitudes and an ability to continue to grasp this difficult language.
- We have received word that our house in Peru is ready for us. Our move to Peru will be here before we know it. Please pray for our preparations over the next few months...visas, a great school for the kids, miraculous ability to speak Spanish, etc.
- Liesa and Jeff are heading up the weekly ministry at La Carpio. This past Thursday went great with Jeff teaching the kids (in Spanish!) and Liesa leading the music (in Spanish!). That was pretty cool stuff. Pray for this ministry each Thursday afternoon.
- Please join us in praying for increased giving to the Cooperative Program and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering.
THERE IS A NEW PRAYER GUIDE FOR THE SOUTH AMERICA REGION POSTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE. PRINT IT OUT AND SHARE IT WITH YOUR SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS.