Tuesday, November 06, 2007

I Love My Mom.

Just like everyone I love my mom. I don't tell her often enough and can certainly never repay her for all that she has done for me through all these years. I do regret all the difficult times I put her through and I'm thankful she has a short memory...well I suppose a really big FORGIVING heart.
Today (November 7) is a sweet day. On this day in 1966 my mom and dad got married. Now dad passed on to heaven a couple of years ago but this day is still special...especially to mom.
So, if you get a chance today would you pray for her. I'm sure it's a tough day for her.
My mom is a special lady. I got an e-mail from her this morning. Here's what it said...
"Glad to hear from you! I know you and Liesa will meet any challenge that God puts before you. Love Mom"
We talk with our fellow missionaries every day who are not only facing the challenge of the mission field but are having to face the bitterness of "Christian" parents who can not understand "our call." I'm fortunate to have my mom. I know she grieves over the fact that she won't see us as often as she likes (this side of heaven.). I know she is probably terrified for us and her grandkids. But, she is living by faith just like we are trying to. And isn't that where God wants us to be?

I love you, mom.

Jeff

No comments: