Haylee and Jackson are doing very well in school in spite of missing Oxford a whole bunch. They do miss their friends at home but are doing so well here. Haylee is busy with school and cheerleading and dance. Dance School is a challenge here because it's all in Spanish but she's tough and is hanging in there and doing very well. Jackson is doing what 9 year old boys do...trying to play as much as he can and trying to avoid homework and bathing at all times. We are blessed to have a new missionary family on our street with two boys and one is in Jackson's class at school.
Prayer Requests for this week.
- Pray for the people in the mountains and jungles of Peru who right now, at this moment, are waiting for someone to bring real HOPE.
- Pray for 'Yami' who is meeting with Liesa from time to time to practice English. We're not sure she has a personal relationship with Christ even though she has a very close relationship with the rituals of the Catholic church.
- Pray for the kids and adults at 'La Carpio'. This is an area of San Jose that is basically a SLUM. Thousands of people, mostly refugees from Nicaragua and Columbia, live in BAD conditions. Pictures from Jeff's work there last Thursday are below.
- Pray that our language learning will continue to progress. We have learned so much that we are amazed every day but we are also so overwhelmed by the amount we do not yet know.
- Pray that giving to the Cooperative Program and the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering will increase so that more can hear about Jesus.
This is my friend 'Missy' that loved to ride on my shoulders. I told her about my sister-in-law named Missy. She thought that was cool.
The woman in this picture is Jessica. She has graduated college and is serving in South America for at least two years as a Journeyman. For more info go to http://www.imb.org/.
This is a bridge in La Carpio that folks have to travel over. The picture doesn't really show how rickety and dangerous it is. I kept thinking...Tim Carter would REALLY love this!