Thank you so much for your prayers. We have had a good week. Language school is definitely more challenging for us in our second semester. We are doing well and trying to keep up with the faster pace. Our assignments for class are much more challenging and our teachers are expecting much more from us.
The highlights of our week...
- We had some challenging tests in our grammar and language classes but we survived OK.
- We had three BIG boxes of goodies arrive from the Buckley family in Oxford. It was quite an adventure getting them released from the post office and customs but we have enjoyed our goodies! Thank you for sending them to us.
- We had an earthquake here Thursday evening around 4:30 pm. It shook us for about 2 to 3 seconds. Earthquakes are common but this is the first one we were actually aware of.
- We met with our IMB mentors this week (We meet every other week.). We enjoy our times with Asbury and Hope Martin. We are thankful for the wisdom and good advice they give to us. We memorize bible passages in Spanish as well as other assignments.
- We had our monthly company meeting with all the other IMB folks. This is the only time we are all able to get together at one time so it's always good to see all the other families.
- Our baseball REBELS made it to the SEC Baseball Tourney against the LSU Stinkin Tigers. Unfortunately we ran out of gas and the bad guys won. Good effort Rebs!
PLEASE PRAY FOR THESE PRAYER REQUESTS...
- Continue to pray for Haylee and Jackson as they adjust to cross cultural living. They continue to do well and we are thankful for your prayers.
- Pray for the ministry at La Carpio (see post below) that we are involved in. Pray that God would open doors to plant reproducing churches among this settlement here in San Jose.
- Pray for the REAP North conference going on in Mississippi this week. This is the team that Liesa and I are a part of in Peru. Pray for the churches who are considering adopting a people group in Peru.
- Pray that Liesa and Jeff will grasp all the language concepts being thrown at us.